Saturday, October 24, 2009

Caramel apples

I was feeling a little nostalgic the other day, and thought it would be fun to make caramel apples with the kids. Jackie was a little weary of the idea and suggested we just cut up the apples and dip them in the caramel. Seeing this as the easy way out I pressed the issue and finally got my way. I learned many things that night. I had forgotten just how good caramel and apples go together. I also learned some things that don't go well with caramel, such as 2 year old boys, facial hair and digital camera's. After a while of Kade trying to wrestle the apple into submission, and kalli pathetically trying to bite the apple without the use of her two front teeth, I gave into Jackie's good idea and cut up the apple. I still think the caramel apples were a good idea.


notice how the caramel on the lens gives a nice "glamour shot" haze

Kade before he got really messy

Lindsay was the only one who managed to eat it without making a mess.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy toffee apples, they must be the same as caramel ones. We used to love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look so yummy. Kade's face and smile is amazing even if he has stuff all over it. Hey, I will send an invite so that you guys can look at the blog but what email am I sending it to?

    ReplyDelete