Friday, October 7, 2016

Dating, Reading, and Brynn & Owen - ism's

Lindsay had a landmark moment in her life, besides going to high school this year, she is also rapidly approaching the age to date. I'll admit I'm not sure that I'm ready for this, but Lindsay's convinced that she is. She asked a friend to go Sadie Hawkins, and while she was waiting for him to reply, me and all the kids made a great new game of knocking on the door and watching Lindsay run to see if it was her answer for the date. Good times.

When we read scriptures at night we take turns reading. Brynn and Owen can't read yet so they sometimes feel left out. Owen's solution has been to ask for his turn, and then "read" whatever book is near by. This is usually him looking at the pictures and making up his own story. The other night he asked for his turn and this is was the wisdom he shared with us "If you have a parrot . . . throw it in the trash. If you have a tiger . . . . run. If you have pencils and fingers. . . you should draw. Strawberries eat flowers". Words to live by.

 I've posted some of these translations for Kalli and Kade, but here are some of words unique to Brynn and Owen's vocabulary. For the most part they spend so much time together that they pretty much have the same vocabulary, but they do each have their own special words. So Here we go.

Gotfor: When you didn't remember to do something.

Hopgrasser: An insect that jumps really high.

Hockatocker (Owens): A machine that uses rotating blades to stay in the air.

Banananana (Brynns): A delicious yellow fruit used to make a delicious bread.

Example: I was walking along eating my banananana, when I heard a hockatocker flying overhead. I gotfor to watch where I was walking and stepped on a hopgrasser.

No comments:

Post a Comment