Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why does Tigger Stink?

I agree with my wife in the sense that I don’t really like the idea of using a blog as a self brag forum, but I do like both of my sisters approach of using it to keep track of funny, cute, special things my kids do or say. So, although it won’t be very often I did want to keep track of some of these moments for myself.

I think that kids are hilarious. Occasionally they are trying to be funny and succeed, but for the most part I think they are funniest when they are not trying. Today my second child, Kalli, started telling me a joke while I was home for lunch. She said “Dad, why does Tigger smell bad?” Having heard this joke before, I tried to act like this was new material. Then she said” because he eats poo!” Personally I think that her punch line was far better than the original, and showed a lot more creativity. After I stopped laughing and told her the correct version of the joke (to avoid her telling anyone else about Tigger eating poo.) She decided to give me a disclaimer that it’s not good to eat poo, because it’s unhealthy. I have no doubt that with her new found knowledge, she will go far as a dental hygienist. She really is a sweetheart, and I think that joke made the second half of work a little more bearable.

4 comments:

  1. Kalli cracks me up! It's funny to me how kids are obsessed with 'potty humor'. Whenever Isaac is trying to be funny, he just throws 'poop' in a sentence, and we have a hilarious joke.

    FYI: You should really update this blog more often... your kids give you plenty of material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. I'm going to try and do better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't the stories more funny when you actually know the kids' personalities? Can we put in requests for stories to be told? I vote in Lindsay telling you about Carla and Amy's fight...classic! You have some cute kids! By the way, I'll get that background changed just for you to a good beige color, MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt - I'm so impressed that a 'dad' would take time to post pictures and 'funnies' about his children. WAY TO GO!! Brent and I still haven't made the big step to blogging yet. Evige keeps after me though. Your children are darling. Love you guys. Aunt Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete